Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Car Seat Safety

This is Bianca here.

I promise that I won't be preaching with many of my blog postings but I do find this subject to be EXTREMELY important.  It is a topic that some parents may not know much about: car seat safety & winter coats.

With the winter months already in progress in Iowa, many parents want their children to be warm in the car.  Please, please, make sure that you DO NOT buckle them into the seat with their puffy coat on.  My daughter knows the minute she gets in the seat, she is to take it off.  If you leave their coat on, it leaves a lot of wiggle room in the event of an accident.

Here is a great image to see the difference of having a coat on or off in the car seat -

We always throw her coat on backwards or she throws a blanket over her lap.  It isn't an issue (minus those times that she thinks she needs to be very independent taking off her coat when it's cold out!  Haha).  I know some parents layer on fleece long sleeve shirts, which is okay too!  We also have car seat covers that go over the infant car seat that can help protect a baby from the winter elements in the store as well.

If you have been keeping their coats on, please take them off!

Okay, my PSA is done!  :)

No comments: